Skip to main content


Amarillo, TX |

my wife filed for divorce, I moved out and since I counter offered on her first offer on equity of the house. What happens if she does not want to pay me what I deserve?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to get a lawyer, if you don't already have one. If you do not reach an agreement regarding the marital assets, you will have a hearing for the judge to dispose of the assets and debts. Prior to setting a case for trial, most judges will require the parties to mediate. Mediation often resolves property issues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer