Divorce / custody case: False accusation of abuse & supervised visitation requested. I have 1 child by me and my husband has 1.

Brooklyn, NY |

I have one child in my custody and my husband has one child in his custody. My husband had "his" child make a false accusation that I screamed at the child and is demanding that I have "supervised" visitation only. How can I be ordered to have "supervised" visitation when I am allowed to have "unsupervised" custody? does this make sense?

Just because your ex-husband "demands" it doesn't mean it is going to happen. You have unsupervised visitation now? Discuss this with your attorney and they will make the argument for you.

Such a paradox is very possible. Courts might not look deeply into all of your life's facts.

Yes. Presumably he is seeking a change. You need a local attorney ASAP.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.