Skip to main content

Disturbing the peace?

Stanton, NE |

Had a party cops got called because people were outside making noise apparently. Cops stopped at my house got permission to search. They found 2 minors in my house that admitted to drinking. I am of legal drinking age and didn't provide anybody with any alcohol. I got charged with Disturbing the Peace. What will I get out of this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire a criminal defense attorney in your area. When you go to court on your ticket, the Proecutor will tell you what the possible pentalites are if convicted.


Disturbing the Peace is a Class III misdemeanor, which means that you are facing up to three months, a $500 fine or both. The minimum sentence is nothing. Hire a criminal defense attorney if possible or ask for a public defender. Your actual sentence (if convicted) will be based on your record and the specific facts of your case.

I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal advice. It is merely my opinion based on the limited information given. In order to assure that your legal rights are being properly represented I would always recommend going in for a consultation with an attorney to explain your case in detail and answer any questions the attorney might have.


Likely just a fine with a good lawyer. We will offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case and show you how we can help you out. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk about the matter. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer