Skip to main content


Tacoma, WA |

I was wondering is there a way around in getting Psychology and MD doctors records if someone had incest and suicidal thoughts. I know the names of the Professionals whom the EX had gone too.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The discovery process in litigation is designed to allow a party to obtain information that may be relevant to a pending case or may lead to relevant evidence. Thus, discovery will depend upon the facts and issues in each case. Important questions in a custody action may include issues such as incest and suicide and this information may be discoverable.

I would suggest that you contact a family law attorney and get a 30 minute free consultation. You may contact me and I will be happy to discuss the issue with you right away.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Pierce is licensed to practice law in Washing with an office in Seattle and services clients in all parts of Washington. He can be reached at 206-587-3757 or at the email address at Mr. Pierce is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Washington law. This response is only in the form of legal education and is intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Pierce strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received.


Normally you cannot get these records without a court order. Even then, the court often will order that the records will be reviewed only by the Guardian Ad Litem of the children.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer