Skip to main content

Disorderly intoxication and employment?

Parkland, FL |

I was arrested for disorderly intoxication and have never been arrested before. I was just a bystander in a bar fight and so the police just arrested everyone around. How will this affect my future employment opportunities? How should I explain this story? My record qualifies to be expunged. I'm in Florida

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It is hard to say exactly how it will affect your future employment, but it is clear that in today's competitive workplace that a potential employee without a criminal record may have a leg up. The offense is minor, and you do not have any other criminal history so you should discuss your options with a local criminal defense attorney.


You may be impacted negatively. You can hire a lawyer to expunge but remember you only get one in Florida!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer