Skip to main content

Disorderly Conduct Misdemeanor

Brooklyn, NY |

My friend want to adjust his status through marriage to a US Citizen, but about 10 years ago in GA, 3 police officers arrested him when he allowed them to use his bathroom because they found Lipitor, but he my friend couldn't produce a prescription. He didn't know Georgia or anybody to call, so he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. Will he have a problem when answering the question about being arrested, and does he have to provide any evidence by going to Georgia and getting documentation about the arrest?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


He needs to obtain a certified disposition for the arrest and meet with an immigration attorney to be sure it will not cause a problem for his case.

Attorney Jennifer Ahn's answer is to provide general information only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The content of this answer is not intended to substitute accurate legal advice, which is relevant to all the facts and circumstances of your specific case. This answer does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.


Should not be an impediment to adjust his case through marriage to a USC. However, friend needs to immediately go to the court and obtain a certified final disposition of the arrest and bring it to an immigration lawyer to analyze and make sure it will not cause any problems with his adjustment plans.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Without knowing what the Georgia statute says I cannot comment. I suggest that you re-post your question on the Georgia Avvo page.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer