Skip to main content

Disability to speak due to cleft palate. How to be confident and happy in life..

Jersey City, NJ |

Hello, am 28 yrs old. Am from india. Am working on H-1B. I have disability to speak basically am Cleft palate patient. I have finished all my surgeries. but still i could not able to speak perfectly. I have communication problem.i am trying work hard to settle in life.But i could not able to settle any where. I am getting discourage day by day. Is there any way to settle in life with hope. Do you am cursed whole life..Am trying for a job, all the recruiters saying you have bad communication skills. thats why cients are not accepting me to enter a to over come all negative feelings and live confidently. Help me on this issue, it is annoying alot to me..

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Employment
Attorney answers 7


Although I am sensitive to your difficulty ... this is not a US immigration matter.

If you have an H-1 B ... don't change jobs ... stick with a 'known' commodity.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Terribly sorry to hear about your condition, but this is unfortunately not an immigration question.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Nope. Not an immigration question.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I do not know how any immigration counsel could help you with your medical conditions, to be honest with you which stop you from pursuing your employment objectives.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Not immigration question, seek counseling. Good luck

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012


I agree with my colleagues, not an immigration question. Maybe you can find a job that requires to do a lot of research and writing and not communicate orally.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Since I practice employment law I can tell you that you should apply for jobs that do not require communicating with the public as the primary job duty. You need solid proof that a job is discriminating against you in order to have a cause of action. The U.S.employs many individuals with various disabilities. Don't give up.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.