Different Alien Number (A#) on I-140

Irving, TX |

I recently got my I - 140 Approved . The Alien number on my I - 140 approval notice is different from the once that i see on my old OPT card and previous 1 Approval Notices . I am a little concerned if this could be a problem in my Green card process . Any inputs in this regard will be of great help .

Best Answer

A#s for OPT are just that, A#s for OPT. A#s assigned on an I-140 are likely to be the A#s on the green card.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You should be. Ask the attorney to work on this with USCIS

www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Thanks

I would not anticipate any problems, but run it with your lawyer.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Thanks. My attorney confirmed the same.

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

You are very welcome.