Skip to main content

Did we get approved for the green card? The immigration officer said if he needs anything he we will lets us know.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Attorney answers 4


At that time, as a routine process, the USCIS officer will notify you by official correspondence of the decision of the USCIS with respect to that removal of the condition of that LPR status.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois


If you attended an interview for adjustment of status based on a marriage which is less than two years, it is likely the officer is informing you of your need to remove conditions with a Form I-751 in two years. It should not be construed as an approval, you should await a final written decision in the mail to be sure.


You will be mailed a letter with the official notification of the outcome


Without knowing more, there is no way to discern what was meant by the paper you signed and the comment made by the officer. It sounds like you might be approved, but the statement by the officer that if he needs anything he will let you know seems to negate the paper you supposedly signed. Just be patient and await the notice that will either contain an approval or denial of the application.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer