Skip to main content

Did we do the right thing? if not what can we do next?

New York, NY |

During a hearing a week ago at the Supreme Court in New York, my husband and I was ask to state our name and address, the court reporter was putting everything on record, so because we had given our address where we were living during the time of our deposition in 2010 concerning the same case, we gave the court that same address we gave during the 2010 deposition, but since then we move and currently live at a different address.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What are you worried about? If you need to make the hahnge, call one of the attorneys involved in the case.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.





It is probably no big deal unless your address is an issue in the case or unless the other side is going to make a general attack on your credibility.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.



Thank you!


I agree with Mr. Deasy--call one of the attorneys. What kind of hearing was it, and why didn't you have counsel? If you have an attorney, he's the one to talk to. When you are asked for address, always assume the asker wants your current address, unless the question suggests otherwise. The fact is, people move.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon free legal advice, and I disclaim any liability for the outcome if you do. Any opinions offered on matters outside New York State are for general informational purposes only.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer