Skip to main content

Did not receive first check from former tenant's wage garnishment.What can I do?

Sacramento, CA |

I went through the unlawful detainer courts and filed two writs and the judge ordered determining claim of exemption for $200 per month. But, I never received the first check from former tenant. What can I do?

+ Read More

Filed under: Landlord or tenant
Attorney answers 2


Contact the levying officer (probably the county sheriff).


You would normally need to contact the sheriff's department or whomever is the levying officer. Provide the sheriff's department with a copy of the order granting, in part, the claim of exemption.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.