DHS case closed with supervision. I want to reopen to get unsupervised visitaiton.

Jacksonville, FL |

I completed rehab, got a job etc. Father (who has custody) refuses visitation even though there is a court order.

If the dependency court did not retain jurisdiction, which is normally the case when the child is with a parent, then you will have to get an attorney and go to domestic relations court.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

The original case was in duval county, he now lives in swaunee county (where he is filing for child support from me) and I live in Arkansas. Where should the lawyer be from? The original case in Duval, where the child lives now or where I live?

Called family relations court in Duval..no go all they do is collect money, I need to go before a judge and plead my case.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Duval county, where the child lives. You will not get a court appointed attorney in a domestic relations case. You will have to hire a private attorney to represent you.

I was unclear in my comment the child lives in Live Oak in Swaunee county. Suggestions on a lawyer?

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Don't know any in that area. You might want to search this site.