Skip to main content

Derivative asylee green card application

Brooklyn, NY |

Hello, I have just been granted a derivative asylum via my wife. She was granted the asylum by an immigration judge after asylum officer transferred her case to immigration proceedings.
My wife was granted an asylum 6 months ago and can apply for permanent residency in 6 months. Question is - can she apply for me as well, or must I wait a year to apply?
Thank you very much!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You must wait a year from the date you were granted your derivative asylee status to seek permanent residence.


I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova


Must wait a year. Definitely consult with a local immigration lawyer. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles personal injury cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer