Skip to main content

Denied my asylum case by a judge, can i file my appeal myself or do i need a lawyer?

Fort Myers, FL |

I went before the judge a week ago and was to file an appeal.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


i strongly advise you to hire an attorney experienced in asylum issues


You have the RIGHT to appeal by yourself. I would not advise you to do so though. Hire a lawyer.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


You can do anything you want yourself. That does not make it a smart thing to do. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and advise you as to the options available and how best to proceed.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova