Skip to main content

Defered action of chilhood arrivals questions?

Wapato, WA |

1.-If i gratuated from high school and i have my school record that says graduation date, do i still need the actual certificate paper?

2.-Is my irs card prove of my arrival date if i got it as soon as i got here?

3.-What if i don't remember all the addreses where i lived at?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

1. No, but the diploma 'looks' better
2. No, the IRS (ITIN?) card doesn't prove arrival date
3. Talk to your parents ... if you don't remember the house/apartment number ... try to remember the streets.

Hire a lawyer ... this isn't an easy application.

If you are low income go here: or

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


1. best to submit your school records and diploma
2. yes - if it bears a date
3. dig for information - his is an important application; you don't want to take chances

Please have a thorough consultation with a lawyer.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


1. The actual diploma is the best evidence of your graduation from high school. Sometimes a report card will have the graduation date, but the person hasn't actually fulfilled the requirements for graduation. If you can't get a diploma, get a letter on school letterhead from your principal stating that you graduated.

2. You should submit a copy of that card along with other evidence that you have been in the US for a number of years. That alone will not be enough.

3. Try to remember as best you can. If you don't remember the street numbers, provide the street names. If you can't remember the street name, put the city name and approximate dates.

An immigration attorney can help you gather information for your DACA application and can provide peace of mind that you are giving USCIS all the need information. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.


I agree with my colleagues. In a nutshell, you need to present as much evidence to support your application, and you also need to present the best application possible. There are many ways to accomplish that, just as there are many way to "skin a cat".

However, I firmly believe that nobody should submit a DACA application without the assistance of an immigration lawyer. Depending on what is included in that application, you may be subject to Removal. And since your application contains your contact information, you should be very wary. You owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


You should submit a copy of the diploma itself. If you don't have it, but the transcript shows the graduation and the date, that should be sufficient, but I'd still add any additional evidence such as graduation photos, emails, etc. Note that the government is sensitive about fake transcripts and documents, so make sure you do not submit any falsified docuemnt. In my experience, if we work on it hard enough we can find evidence for all of it. The ITN card does not prove the date of entry, but might be used as one piece of evidence to show you were here on that date. Check your school records, bank records, tax returns, etc. for the addresses where you've lived. I recommend you get an experienced immigration attorney. These cases are not at all as simple as just filling out a form. The evidence is the key, and it will take effort on your part even with a good attorney.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.