Skip to main content

Defamation of character false accusations

Seattle, WA |

a woman i know repeatedly accuses me of breaking into her home & stealing property of hers

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Who is she making these accusations to? If she's only saying it to you, there isn't much you can do about it. If she's telling this to others, that could form the basis for a slander lawsuit. But you have to ask yourself whether this woman is mentally confused or not. If she is simply "off," try to ignore her. But if she has all her faculties and people might take her seriously, you should consult a Washington attorney about legal action.


It depends on who she is saying this to. If she is reporting it to the police, it may not be something you can recover for under defamation laws.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer