Skip to main content

Dcf said to get rid of dad i have how long will reunification take? they have no bad on me just dads no good so is mum

Fiskdale, MA |

started as truency then they changed to dad has record and drug habits dad stopped doing what dcf said has been put in jail i told dcf dad and i will not be reunifying i want my children back

+ Read More

Filed under: Child custody
Attorney answers 1


If you want to know about reunification, that should mean there was a care and protection case filed by DCF. If I am correct, you should talk with your lawyer in that case about what you can do to speed up DCF's reunification plans.

It all comes down to how far along the case is, what DCF thinks about whether you acted quickly enough in getting rid of dad, whether they believe that you are not going to reunify with him, what other issues you may have to address, what type of placement your children are in and the progress they are making.

Talk to your attorney. If you do not have one, you should make an appointment with an attorney to discuss your case in detail from the point of first involvement with DCF through the present and anything before your involvement that could affect what you need to do to get your children back. It is too complicated and fact-based to deal with specifics in a context such as this.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your area who regularly practices in the subject matter which your question is about. You should develop an attorney client relationship with the lawyer of your choice so that your communications will be subject to the attorney client privilege and have the other benefits of a professional relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific matter as partially described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer