Skip to main content

Daughter in special ed school was injured by staff before i agreed to sign her in for that day

Long Grove, IL |

daughter 18,high functioning Ausberger, therapist given permission by adminn to threaten, badger, force her into talking meeting with mother, horribly upsetting to daughter and didnt want to return to school, brought her into office next day met the principle at reception and told him, receptionist I wasnt going to admit her into school until or unless I met with him and therapist first.Instructed daughter to sit and wait for me. I went with principle and my attorney to have meeting. Staff came out and tried to get her to class and she informed them of the same. They stated that we have more control over you than your dad, after discussion they asked if she wanted to see me and along the path they attacked her, grabbed her and dragged her off , bruises, pulled muscles, what to do ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I suspect that your attorney who was with you according to your question will be able to guide you in deciding what to do. This is the sort of thing that really requires you to retain and follow the advice of your own attorney


Yours is the sort of complex question that is beyond the scope of this simple Q&A forum. Please consult in person with an education law attorney. Bring any paperwork that you may have to your consultation. You should know, however, that generally speaking, schools Are immune from legal action. Therefore, you should look into alternate solutions and resolutions.

Although AVVO describes this site as providing free legal advice, it is really a simple Q&A forum. The volunteer attorneys provide general answers. No specific legal advice is given here and no attorney-client relationship is established. For precise direction and legal advice, please consult in person with an attorney in your area. Be sure to bring all relevant paperwork with you.


Talk to your attorney about legal options.

If this lawyer is not well-versed in school law, find one who is.

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer