Damaged household goods and business samples , tools

Ontario, CA |

rented storage space in storage facility due to negligence on part of owner - leaked resulted
in thrashing goods samples, tools , bed mattress etc

You need to look at your written rental agreement regarding damages. You need to consider any insurance you may own or have purchased. You need to inquire if the storage facility has any insurance that would cover this.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

I concur with my colleague Attorney Doland's advice. Hopefully you took out some insurance for your goods in addition to any that they owner of the storage facility has. Review your agreement to find out exactly what it says. If you need to do so, hire a local area contracts attorney to help you out. Sometimes a short letter from an attorney can force the issue.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.