CSPA case pending in Supreme court

Charlotte, NC |

1) Who are going to benefit from the supreme court decision(Is that depends upon the time/year when the petition was filled)?

I doubt the date of the petition by the Department of Justice for US Supreme Court review will determine anything. The better question is will the Court uphold the decision by the 9th circuit court? If the question is about the application date then its a different matter. As I understand it, It's basically a grandfathering of applications of persons who aged out back when 245(i) was still effective. I would seek the advice of an immigration attorney who could explain in more detail and assist you in furthering the application process.

DISCLAIMER – Responding to inquiries on this site does not create an attorney client relationship between the responder and the inquirer, nor does it invoke any privilege on the part of the inquirer. The inquirer should recognize the limitations of the answers based on limited facts and is advised to seek legal counsel for more complete information and possible representation.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You advice was the best. You explained. I only point out the direction to send a question.

Thanks a lot Bill/Alexander for your quick response. This was my first time to ask some legal question online was nor expecting such prompt response. Let me try to approach Mr.Shusterman

Ask Carl Shustterman. He knows. He is the attorney of record on that case.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Bill Whittaker

Bill Whittaker

Better advice than mine if you can get hold of Mr. Shustterman

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Sure you can. He is very approachable. Look up his email on AILA. Very nice old man, by the way. :)

This is a question better suited for a consultation to explore your case. As my colleague says, no decision by the supreme court on this case and there might not be any. Furthermore, you live in the 4th circuit, not the 9th circuit - so that case does not apply to you.

I keep on travelling in US as my job demands. But my case was filled from California ,I guess that is 9th circuit.

Carlos Andres Lopez

Carlos Andres Lopez

It depends on where you reside, despite your traveling.