Skip to main content

Cross-Petition for Dissolution of Marriage

East Chicago, IN |

Where can I find a Cross-Petition for Dissolution of Marriage form on line. My husband filed for a divorce and I was told that I need to file a cross-petition. I don't have 1,000.00 to pay a attorney to file this more me so I would like to do it myself.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is not a requirement that you file a cross petition. However, if your spouse has stated or requested something in the original petition with which you disagree, or if you have additional issues that you want the court to address/resolve, then filing a cross petition might make sense. If you have found "regular" petitions online, you can use those, just change the title and be sure to include all of the appropriate information (e.g. cause number, etc) in the caption. Also be sure to state as the first point the date on which your spouse filed the original petition for dissolution.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer