Skip to main content

Criminal Defense Attorney (State of OH)

Cleveland, OH |


I'm seeking a criminal defense attorney in the state of Ohio to do a "Case Evaluation" on a very good friend of mine whose been behind bars for the past 20 years. He's pretty much on his own, no family to speak of, parents are deceased. He was sentenced in 1990 at age 19 on ESCAPE, THEFT, AGG BURGLARY, AGG ROBBERY, AGG MURDER. (HE WAS NOT THE MAIN DEFENDER) He's serving 40 years to life with a parole date of 2020. He's currently at Grafton Correctional Facility in Ohio. Anyone out there that is willing to look into his case, please contact me. I have the Criminal Docket Inquiry from Lucas County for you to review. I'm not looking for a Pro Bono Attorney, but looking for someone with a reputable attorney that has a criminal defense background. Thanks so much. e-mail; jmdx2infl@yah

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would recommend Danny Weisenberger, his phone no. is 330-296-8000. He has worked in the criminal law area, on both sides, for over 20 years. His website is


Always check background, experience, and disciplinary record before you hire the lawyer. You should inquire about the specifics of a lawyer's background while you are trying to determine whether to retain the attorney or not. Check with the Board of Professional Responsibility to see if the lawyer has been publicly disciplined and why? Make sure you drill down into the details to make sure you know what your attorney's record is.

Click the Lawyer Search tab and seek out criminal defense attorneys in Cleveland.

Consider interviewing more than one lawyer before you make your final choice. Ask if the lawyer has handled similar criminal and civil matters to yours, and what the outcomes were. Also ask if the lawyer has taken any continuing legal education courses which relate to your problem. Going it alone, you can miss and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney. This is why experience is a necessary line of inquiry as you look for a skilled counselor.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.