Skip to main content

Criminal defense

Victoria, TX |

I am on probtation for a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge. I was a month from getting off probation (10/9/12) and I got arrested and picked up the same charge. I was already paid up on court fees and probation hours were done all I had to do next was mail in and I was done. Now with this new charge what will happen? I have a court appointed attorney will that help?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You have 2 issues: new drug arrest and a potential motion to revoke your probated sentence. You need a criminal defense attorney- private or a public defender. The prosecutor will not be pleased to see you again. Get counsel ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Committing a new offense while on probation is never popular with prosecutors.

Most lawyers who take court appointments also have a retained practice, so without knowing who the good lawyers and the poor ones are in the community where you are on probation, it is not possible to say whether having a court appointed attorney as opposed to a hired lawyer will help.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


See my answer to your previous question.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


There's a good chance you may go to jail. Your lawyer is trained to help you and provide sound legal advice. However, that may also depend on their level of criminal defense experience and their work ethic. Please direct your questions to your lawyer, since they are in the best position to help you.


Depending on your criminal history you may be able to have the judge extend your probation with some additional counseling.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer