Skip to main content

Credit card fraud and identity theft

Omaha, NE |

my husband and I just found out that his ex got a credit card with his name on it and made a bunch of charges. now he is getting his paycheck garnished and we can't find her since she married and changed her last name. how do we clear this up?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Note that I am not licensed to practice in your state. This is not intended as legal advice. Please check with an attorney in your state.

You need to immediately file a police report and tell them this is identity theft and fraud and give them all information regarding the ex. Even if they don't find her, you will need the police report to clear up the situation.

Take the police report and file a identity theft investigation with all 3 credit bureaus and every credit card that was involved. This will take time and a lot of work but eventually, they will clear your name of this situation.


Contact the ID Theft Org in NE who can assist. See -

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer