Skip to main content

CR1/IR1 Administrative Processing but diagnosed lung cancer to my father in law. Me stuck in Italy.

New York, NY |

They have diagnosed lung cancer to my father in law and is beginning chemotherapy, my wife needs me now more than ever but I am stuck in AP since Feb 27th. Is there anything that we can done to get me to the United States? This is a very stressful situation for my wife, not only because I am stuck in Italy under AP but also because her father is facing serious health issues.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


It depends on the basis for the "administrative processing." That's generally code for security checks. The U.S. consulate is not usually willing to expedite those. Sometimes the case is simply stuck on someone's desk. So it may be worthwhile to retain counsel to inquire on your behalf noting the circumstances above.


I agree with my colleague.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


Probably not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


It's not that long, but you can hire an attorney who can make inquiries and try to push the process upon showing of hardship...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


As sympathetic as your case seems, USCIS in all likelihoods will not not expedite AP. Keep checking though and good luck with everything.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.