Skip to main content

Cps case and you smoked marijuana

Houston, TX |
Attorney answers 3


You are facing both criminal sanctions and the possible termination of your parental rights. You should hire a lawyer immediately and stop smoking marijuana.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided as general information, which may not be appropriate for the specific facts of your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship has been established based on this limited communication. You are advised to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction before taking any action or inaction that may affect your legal rights.


Every case if different, so there is no way to say what the Judge will do. You should stop smoking if you want to show the court that you deserve to have your kids and cps out of your life. That is step one. Step two, hire an attorney in family law to assist you. Good luck to you.


What do you mean by CPS case? That they are investigating whether or not you are providing proper care for your children? If so, it depends on the facts of the case. If you are smoking marijuana in the presence of your children, then you could be facing the loss of your parental rights. If you are smoking marijuana to the point that you cannot care for your children, you could lose your parental rights. If you are smoking marijuana after CPS has warned you about such conduct, you could be facing loss of your parental rights.

As far as the criminal case - if you possessed a small amount of marijuana, then it is a Class B misdemeanor and you could receive up to 6 months in jail and up to a $2,000 fine.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer