Skip to main content

Court agrees they are not proper venue but do not assign another court for jurisdiction.

Bardstown, KY |

Case started in Nelson County - a supposed to be agreed divorce turns ugly. Under duress, he bullied sole custody. I remarried and then while having emergency custody of my son I ran for 4.5yrs because they were going to revert custody back to him. I had worries about my son's wellbeing that the court refused to address even with documented evidence. After being arrested in 2007, custody and visitation was determined as hm with sole, me with ample visitation. Visitation was restricted to supervised when my husband and I separated. With pre-trial diversion for custodial interference as his evidence, my visitation was restricted that I was now unstable. Today Judge agreed with ex that venue in Fayette county no longer proper. How do I take it into Nelson County where the divorce originated?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You need to consult an attorney to assist you. Generally, you will have to have the judge that has the case now enter a specific order directing the clerk to transfer the case and set out in detail why venue is no longer proper in Fayette County. Do not try to do this on your own.


Consult a local attorney rather than trying to do it yourself. What you're doing so far obviously isn't working.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.


This should be in divorce heading.

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer