Skip to main content

Could you tell me how to proceed with a divorce in Florida when the ex-spouse now resides in a Foreign country?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I would like to file a divorce, but my spouse now resides in Turks and Caicos. We have a 3 children together, however only 1 is a minor. - In addition to the divorce I need to ensure proper custody, alimony and financial support.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Alimony
Attorney answers 1


The very best way to proceed with a divorce is to hire a family lawyer in your area. The lawyer will have a lot of questions for you. Use the find a lawyer tab above to locate an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.