Skip to main content

Could you return to the States after being deported having 4 american kids and married?

San Antonio, TX |

a friend over satyed his visa, but got married and approve for green card, on the process i got to court and the judge offers voluntarely departure or deportation. Takes voluntarely departure but also stayed for his kids. Finally gets pick up by ICE, and gets deported without any documents of the case. Any way my friend could return to the states to be with his family???.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Yes, after 5 years. Failure to comply with voluntary departure bars admission.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Need more facts. What is your wife's immigration status? If she sponsored you for a green card, why was the green card not approved?

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



it was approve, but he even went for finger prints, but never recieved a work permit or green card.


The information here is confusing. Did this person get approved for permanent resident (green card) status? Does this person have any criminal history? We would need MUCH more information in order to determine whether or not this person would be able to come back to the United States. Based on the information you provided, IF the person might be eligible, then he likely would need one or more waivers in order to be approved to enter the United States again.

This person really needs to consult with an immigration attorney about his case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


Since more information is needed, I would strongly suggest retaining an attorney. getting the record would also be necessary in this case. An attorney can help with that.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


I would suggest a consultation with an attorney. The attorney can request a copy of the immigration file and all of the necessary facts can be learned

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104