Skip to main content

Could i go to jail and do i need a lawyer for a show cause summons for non-payment of child support?

Hampton, VA |

i have not worked in 2 years and i think the custodial grandparents claimed TANF frauduently. What do I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can go to jail if you are found in contempt of court for failure to pay child support. The issue probably will come down to WHY you have not worked in two years. You may be eligible for the services of a court appointed attorney. I is a very good idea to have an attorney and to try to have obtained some type of employment prior to your court appearance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer