Skip to main content

Could I be compensated for the time and trauma of this incident? Would you recommend taking legal action?

Madison, WI |

I bought a Conair hairbrush that immediately got so stuck in my hair, that I had to call a friend, who it took 3+ hours to remove. I tried using conditioner, oils, eggs, and even butter to lubricate it. I am already suffering from hair loss, and this hairbrush yanked out a lot more. Because of this, I missed out on a $200 gig. It was quite traumatic, actually, and I'm still very upset about the incident. I've kept the slimy, hairy brush in a plastic bag as "evidence." Now I wonder if I could be compensated for costs of the hairbrush, materials used to removed it, and the payment for the work I missed out on because of it. Thanks for your help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I think this is a duplicate post. See my response to your other post. Good luck.


I agree with Jason. Good luck!

Sending an email or posting a question does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client privilege. The comments and opinions expressed in Jon Groth's comments are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Reading or using the information in this blog does not create the existence of an attorney-client privilege. Due to the changing nature of the law, the blog posts may contain dated material. For an update on the current law and the application of the law to your particular facts and circumstances, consult a legal advisor. The information contained herein is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state.


Small claims court.

Licensed & have offices in PA & NJ ONLY. (Philadelphia, PA & Marlton, NJ)


Not many lawyers would be interested in handling such a case as the cost of pursuing it would be higher than a likely recovery. But, you could sue for up to $10,000 in small claims court. You may wish to report the product to the Consumer Product Safety Commission and see if they have had similar complaints. They may be able to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer