Skip to main content

Cost of immigration attorney in los angeles

Los Angeles, CA |

hi, I am a US citizen, I planning to petition for my brother ( he is in India now), how much is attorney cost for this case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I would probably charge about $1,500 plus filing fees for the visa petition, but every attorney charges differently.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Every attorney has his or her own prices. But remember not all attorneys are equal.

National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues. The attorney fees are different based on the market place, experience of the attorney, and the attorney's philosophy as to what to charge. It is advisable to shop around and pick an attorney whom you are comfortable working with over the long term.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


The previous answers are all correct. Often attorneys will want you to commit to an initial consultation first to make sure that your brother is "admissible" to the United States and to make sure you are qualified to petition for him. At the consultation, an attorney can give you a better idea of what the complications are in your case (if any), and what the fee will be. Good luck.


Fees vary. It will be a long wait for your brother. The currently filing fee for form I-130 is $420. That is the fee paid to the Department of Homeland Security.

I think an average fee for an I-130 with no issues is about $1,000.00 to $1,200.00. But that is just for the I-130. That is not for the whole case.

Curtis F. Pierce
Attorney At Law
Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law
The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
The Pacific Center
523 West Sixth Street, Suite 348
Los Angeles, California

Tel: 213 327 0044

Fax: 213 327 0066

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman


Good answer!