Skip to main content


Miami, FL |

my husbands attorney has been unethical and did things that no lawyer should do .
I also am certain he paid the JUDGE ..I called the FBI .
sent a complaint to FLORIDA BAR .I know if I had the funds to investigate he would get caught .
MY Trial ended with in such injustice hard for me to deal with what the judge has done .
how can a judge who is new on my case turn against me in such a way that no one can believe .
What JUdge takes away the kids from a mom who has raised them on her own and has taken such good care of them ,clean house ,home cooked food ,well mannered boys .
father has abused them and not taken them in months and at times a year .
I dont drink ,do drugs or go out .
Judge awarded my CON man husband custody ,no alimony ,no child support .
my boys wont go to the father.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I think I just answered you in response to another question you posted along the same lines. Here was my answer to your other question, which I believe still applies here:

You probably don't want to hear this, but most lawyers and judges are honest. You obviously were unhappy with the outcome in court, but there are LOTS of possible reasons for such an outcome having NOTHING to do with the honesty of your husband's lawyer or the judge. Perhaps the most significant factor in the outcome, apart from the evidence introduced in Court, was the fact that you did not have an attorney. Your lack of attorney may not have been significant per se, but your representing yourself is never a good idea, and may have limited your ability to effectively tell your side of the story. It sounds as though the judge has already made his decision, so your options are probably as you say: appeal and/or investigate and/or publicize your perceived injustice. Since this appears to be a Family Law matter, you should immediately try to find a free law clinic in your area, to see if you can find a lawyer to help you. Appeals must be taken within short periods of time after the court has ruled, though, so you cannot delay on this. If you cannot find an attorney to help you, or if it is too late to appeal, you could always go the "investigation/publicity" route; but, in all honesty, you are at great risk of simply sounding like a malcontent, and you may have a hard time getting folks to take your claims seriously. Appeal is clearly the better option if it is available. But, if there is a next time, do yourself a favor and get an attorney. Best of luck.

David Cook is a Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Louisiana. This response is not intended to be legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is intended to provide general information about the question presented; but since the question often fails to include significant and important facts that, if known, might significantly change the response, it is strongly recommended that the questioner promptly confer with an attorney in his or her own state in order to ensure that appropriate legal advice is timely received. DAVID S. COOK A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION POST OFFICE BOX 53394 LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA 70505-3394 TELEPHONE: (337) 234-4155 CELL: (337) 288-6743 FAX: (337) 234-2937 EMAIL:


It's impossible to say whether a judge did anything improper without knowing what the issues were, what kind of evidence existed, and without even reviewing a transcript of the trial. There are so many factors that go into the decisions a court makes when it comes to children, but the court is supposed to apply a standard of what is in a child's best interests. It is obvious that you do not think your ex-husband should have much contact with the children but courts are more likely to place children with the parent that is more likely to foster a relationship with the non-custodial parent.

It is good you reported your suspicions to law enforcement to investigate. The administration of justice is of paramount importance and the FBI will investigate to ensure the integrity of the system. Good luck.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.



The improper thig the judge did was not give my attorney a chance . I hired my old attorney back ,who wasn't good but its all I could afford . He asked the judge to give us a little more time before the trial Judge looked at his calendar and said I booked two days Basically this case was inherited to me and been going on for too long so nope . You must go through with the trial date which was three weeks away . The attorney said judge I'm just coming in the case ,I have a forensic attorney here to testify that the husband is doing fraud . Judge said no need no continuance ,my attorney says then ill need to withdraw because I won't do well for her .judge said do what u need My attorney resigns .i then file emergency motion pleading for the continuance Judge denies it ,I said I do not even have my documents as I owe my attorney money and can't get it ,the judge couldn't care less ,denied it all . The morning of the trial I was given three huge boxes which I did not know what to do with .i felt like a clown in court All they did was lie and attack me ,trying to make me look like someone I'm not .i was nothing but honest and that got me nothing . Lost custody ,my buildings ,money that he had taken from our Pre construction . I didn't settle for 150,000 because I knew what I owned And left trial getting 0000000 Judge Marin is the worst judge in the world . No one believes me ,everyone is shocked Asking why how ...I don't know ,he made life a complete hell .


It's often difficult to understand why you lost any trial, but a better place to start rather than assuming corruption like "payoffs" is to recognize that judges and lawyers are human beings and may make stupid or wrong decisions without necessarily being evil or incompetent.

Rather than calling the FBI and filing complaints with the Bar, have you considered the most logical avenue for redress of erroneous trial decisions: an appeal to the higher courts?

This answer is provided under the “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states that any information provided is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and me or any other attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely solely upon Legal Information you obtain from this website or other resources which may be linked to an answer for informational purposes. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo ToU are set forth at . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of New York and Federal Courts. Any general information I provide about non-New York laws should be checked with an attorney licensed to practice in your State. Lastly, New York State Court rules (22 NYCRR Part 1200, Rule 7.1) also require me to inform you that my answers and attorney profile posted on the site may be considered "attorney advertising" and that "prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome".