Skip to main content

Convert from F1 to J1 visa

Los Angeles, CA |

Hi I do understand that it is legal to convert from F1 to J1 visa in the united states, however for one to do so, we need to locate a J1 sponsored organization that will assist us to do so. Hence I would like to know if anyone can recommend me any J1 sponsored organization who does that? I tried calling 2 J1 organizations, unfortunately, they will only processed applications that are not from the United States. Please kindly advise!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Not sure if you qualify but try calling Culture Vistas

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.


make sure the J1 is not subject to two year residency requirement. The list of the organizations is on USCIS website.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Most organizations will only sponsor J-1s from abroad.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer