Skip to main content

Controlled Substance Record Correction

Roswell, GA |

I pleaded nolo contendere for a misdemeanor (<1oz) possession charge 1999, I complied with all of my probation conditions, paid my fines. In a recent background search for a weapons permit the charge is coming back as a nolo to a felony. What can i do to get this corrected?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


File a formal request to have your record corrected or better yet, hire a lawyer to help you correct this. Let me know if you have any additional questions.


While this is something you can do yourself, it will go much more smoothly and be a lot easier to hire an attorney and let him/her handle it for you.

Potter Sieg, LLC Phone: 404-270-9289 Fax: 404-935-9308 Paul J. Sieg is a criminal defense and entertainment law attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information provided is based on Georgia law and federal law, where applicable, and is not necessarily directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. Rather, this response is in the form of legal education, and is intended to provide general information. Any specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your respective jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer