Skip to main content

Contribution to the deliquency of a minor

Denver, CO |

I'm 20 years old had a small gathering at my house where a minor was present. Everyone at the party was under 21. I got charged with contribution to a minor who is 17. This is the first time I have eveer got in any trouble whatsoever what are the chances i could have this felony dropped down to a misdimenor

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Depending on where this occurred, you may have a pretty good chance, but you really need to see a good criminal defense lawyer as soon as you can.

This response contains general information only and is not legal advice on which you may rely. It does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Hire a criminal defense attorney. That will be your best chance of getting a better plea bargain. They can argue defenses and mitigation. This is simply not a case that you should be handling yourself.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor is a class 4 felony, meaninf the maximum penalty is two to six years in the Colorado Department of Corrections. Is that worth hoping for a good eresult without counsel?


Get an attorney. Now.

As a former prosecutor, I can tell you judges do not like these sorts of cases at all and they tend to sentence sternly. Not only did you do something stupid, you had kids doing stupid things, too. Your history (or lack therof) helps, but it is not going to just carry the day.

Good luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.