Skip to main content

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

New York, NY |

She is 17 and I am 21. If her parents don't like it , or they do not approve or if they are not aware of it. For example if we just went to the movies under these circumstances, or just hung out together. Would any of that constitute contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge in New Hampshire? Even if she did not commit an unlawful act?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

It is not a crime to date a girl over age 16, as that is he age of consent. If you commit a crime in her presence that is a different matter. As to what that state considers illegal, you should ask a lawyer in that state a more specific question. Her parents cannot just have you arrested because they do not approve of you, but they could still cause you trouble if they make a false complaint or if you commit a crime.


I suggest you repost in thee NH Avvo section.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You won't fnd too many NY attorneys also license in NH, so try under that rubric.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.


You need to investigate New Hampshire law on this.