Skip to main content

Contingency Lawyer needed for discrimination case against union and school . Worth approx 1.8 to 3.2 million dam incld if win.

Huntington Station, NY |

Company say I was excessed as a teacher but kept non-tenured teachers on staff and hired new staff in areas I taught. Admin had verbal issues about people from my country and also excessed another tenured person originally from my country.
Company retained two firms recently on a pro-bono basis and now I would like some additional direction at least if no lawyer or firm would be willing to do contingency. Company also made the newspaper for racial discrimination since I was excessed and administration being overhauled due to misuse of funds etc. Any lawyer or firm willing to assist. I did file EEOC but just got bounced around to investigators. Currently closing of discovery and depositions to begin.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Did EEOC find probable cause?

PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER * I very much like to offer my advice and guidance to those in need. It is why I became a lawyer. However, please note that I have not been engaged to be your lawyer so my advice is general in nature. Certainly, if you would like, please feel free to email or call me to further discuss the particulars of your situation (as many times it is not a good idea to provide a lot of information about your case on a public forum). * Hacker Murphy, LLP * 518.213.0115 * * * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State (including New York City and Long Island). *


Your question doesn't explain the issues you believe chat resulted in your wrongful termination based upon discrimination. Please provide some additional info.

The responses provided to your questions are not legal advice, do not create any attorney client relationship, and are provided for informational purposes only.


You can use the Find a Lawyer feature on Avvo to try and locate an experienced employment attorney. At that point, I would seek to set up consultations in order to discuss this, as there are more facts that would be needed in order to determine the viability of your case.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (!/employattorney) or Facebook ( if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.


You can find a plaintiffs employment attorney on the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) web site NELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the country for attorneys representing working people. You can search by location and practice area. Also, NELA has affiliates in every state and many cities which are listed on the NELA site. Not all NELA attorneys are named on the web site or affiliate site. This should not influence your selection; attorneys can choose whether or not to purchase a listing in the national directory, and each affiliate has its own rules for listing.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best.

@MikaSpencer * * * * * * PLEASE READ: All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. * * * Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. * * * No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. * * * Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer