Contempt of court in paternity

Hudson, FL |

can i hold the defendant in contempt of court for not mailing papers to the plaintiff or is there any actions the plaintiff can take prior to court?

The Court holds a defendant in contempt for violation of a Court order. If you would like to provide more facts, I would be happy to provide you with some answers. With your current question, I do not have enough facts to give you good legal advice.

well the defendant filed papers to the courthouse and said they mailed me a copy. i have never received them and the defendant says they never sent the papers to me to my face. is there any action i can take?

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Papers for what type of action. What is case about. What happened in court? Need more information and be happy to help...

its for paternaty and it was the reply to the summons i gave her.

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Was it the answer to your petition? You will need to call me if you would like help.

tried calling couldnt get though.

Only the Court can hold someone in contempt of court.

Anastatia Quirk Ellis, Esq. is licensed to practice law in Florida, Massachusetts and U.S. Tax Court, This answer is provided as general information and does not initiate an attorney-client relationship.