Skip to main content

Consulate where immagrant visa or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted

Houston, TX |

i born in bhutan i live in nepal as reffugee and came to us as legal residance and applied for green card after 1 year stay in us.i have a i94 but i lost my green card what i have to put in question 3 and 4 now i am from houston tx

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Try your best to remember where you first entered the U.S. as a refugee.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


The questions are really self explanatory. One refers to where you were living when you applied for the green card, whether it was an immigrant visa, or adjustment of status. The other one refers to where that application took place.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer