Skip to main content

Conditional Resident Card(valid) and I94 j1/ds (expired) still in my expired passaport?I will go 4 wks of international vacation

Waldorf, MD |

I have the conditional resident card valid( I am marriage with american citizen), and I will go a 4 weeks international trip(with my husband. I have my expired passport, with I94 - J1/ds-expired attached to my old passport(expired). What is the legal procedure to travel ? I need to return the I94 and show the old passport when I am leaving the country? Or I need only to show my new passport and the conditional greencard when I am leaving the country and returning back./f I dont return the I94, how I will prove when I left the country if the USCIS ask me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

As a conditional permanent resident, you no longer require an I-94 card. For return travel to the U.S. you will need a valid passport and your unexpired permanent resident card.

Lisa Tehlirian, Attorney -- Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: The information provided on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.


Based on the question you ask and the emphasis you make in the question, it seems that you are profoundly confused about your immigration related issues. I suggest you schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney and clarify those once and for long.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You need the conditional resident card and a valid passport.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.