Skip to main content

Company getting closed in 3 months, how long I140 is valid and how can be transfer

Ellenwood, GA |

I have already completed my 6 years in USA, My company had filed my labour , I-140 and and H1, I came to know that my company may closed down after 3 months so can i transfer My H1 to another Company (based on My OLD Company I-140) as it is still valid for three months and after My H1 transfer how fast do i need to transfer my I-140 from old to new company

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

My colleagues are correct. This is a process that needs to be done with the guidance of the new company's attorney who would ahve to be able to hire a H1 employee.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


You should first speak to the attorney who handled your I-140 or the employers attorney. If your current company has no attorney then the new company that hires you should have an attorney to assist you.


I would suggest you to contact with your new employer attorney who can guide through the process but you have to file for Perm and then when you will file for I 140 in cover page your employer's attorney should request to retain a priority date from your previous I 140