Communicating with a judge with Plaintiffs' attorney's knowledge

Traverse City, MI |

I'm trying to present information to the judge regarding tax payments that I have made for shared property related to a partition lawsuit. The judge told me in front of the Plaintiffs' attorney that it is alright to communicate with the him, the judge. The Plaintiffs' attorney has the information that I want the judge to have which amounts to specific dollar amounts of the taxes and insurance that I have paid. The plaintiffs have not paid anything toward their shares of the taxes or insurance. I sent a communication to the judge, then a short time later was told by a clerk that I can't communicate with the judge, even though he told me that I could. Now I don't know how to give him the information. Can I simply present it to him at a hearing? The Plaintiffs' attorney will be present.

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Hire an attorney.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

I contacted several attorneys. The cost to hire an attorney is greater than the amount of the taxes. How do I present the information while representing myself?

James M. Osak

James M. Osak

Wait till you're "on-the-record."