Skip to main content

Commissioner set a review date for Contempt of Court, what the deadline for paperwork?

Seattle, WA |

I have a filed a contempt of court against ex-wife, the commissioner has set a review date, I was wondering what the deadline for me filing to supporting document for the review, the other party's reply and my reply back before the review date?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If there is nothing about the deadline for paperwork in the contempt order, you probably should file and serve the pleadings for the review giving the same advance notice as for a family law motion. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on contempt and motions for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes


If the court did not set particular due dates for materials, then, you should probably follow the general civil rule for filing deadlines. However, the particular facts of your case may affect this answer. Therefore, you would be best served by consulting with an attorney about the details of your case.