Skip to main content

Collection agencies DBA other aliases reporting to credit bureau. I disputed to the CA on the collection notice , they reported

Rock Hill, SC |

A couple months ago, i received a collection letter for a medical bill. I didnt recal the visit and I sent the CA ( collection agency) a dispute and request for validation within 30 days of the notice.. I sent Certified mail. They never responded or validated. Now, a new collection is on my credit report. I put 2 and 2 together and see it's the same company, different alias. the original was Central Financial Control, on credit report, it shows Syndicated Office systems. They have the same address as well, the same account numbers. It seems they are skirting the laws of validating genuine disputes by not validating, and reporting under a DBA name.

+ Read More

Filed under: Credit score Credit Debt
Attorney answers 3


That would largely depend upon whether they are really the same company, and whether they really just changed the name. If it went back to the bank, and sent to another company at the same address, for example, there is not a problem.

You should also be disputing with the credit reporitng bureaus.


Send another validation request but this time to Syndicated office systems. You should also file a dispute with the credit bureaus stating that you dispute the debt and that you requested validation but they failed to provide any. Once you dispute through the credit bureaus, then SOS must investigate your dispute and respond back. If need additional information, please feel free to call me at 843-665-1717


The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides you the right to to dispute a debt. Assuming that Central Financial Control reported the debt to a credit reporting agency, they should have changed the report to show it as disputed. When you request validation of a debt, a CA can validate the debt or drop collection. The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you the right to dispute the accuracy of information on your credit report. You may want to contact the medical provider and clear up whether you obtained services and whether you owe a balance. If no balance is owed contact a consumer attorney in your area to pursue potential FDCPA and FCRA claims. Go to for an attorney.

The answer given is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Dwight Bowen is a bankruptcy and consumer attorney and may be contacted at (404) 880-3310.