Skip to main content

Cohabitation divorce, I've been engaged for 15 years, what can I take with me?

Oshkosh, WI |

After we were engaged I spent thousnds in remodeling the home we live in. now she wants me out. I have paid for 85% on the contents off the home and 10s of thousands on the building materals and have done 99% of the labor myself.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You can always make a claim for unjust enrichment for the work and materials you put into the house.


There is no common law marriage in Wisconsin. You can take personal property for which you paid. As to your share of the home, the answer is largely dependent upon whose name the property is titled.


I would agree with the above attorneys' advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case