Skip to main content

Co. mva claims person m. personally told me" dont worry i have our own lawers and ins handling it." she never reported it

New Haven, CT |

the claims adjuster called me ,angered at the late notice -two days pre-court date claiming she promised to give him info a week ago then proceeded to avoid all communication and told a dispatcher to tell me she was told our ins coverage was not going to get involved as required by law .after much legwork by myself i sent the info to the adjuster who stated m. promised to cooperate with him although she did not and refused his repeated communications. what are my options ,can the ins settle it by monday aftrnoon? do i need a local attorney? ins. co. is in arizona court in ct. can i sue m. for harrassment

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


hire a lawyer. the insurance company wont help you and without a lawyer helping you you wont get nearly the settlement you should

without a detailed review by a lawyer can all the issues raised in your question be appropriately addressed...nothing in this response should be construed as establishing a lawyer client relationship..the answers herein are for informational purposes and not to be construed as advice


Your post is a little difficult to follow. It seems like you notified your insurance company of the claim. If they are not doing what they are supposed to, then you should speak with a local lawyer to ensure your rights are protected.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.


You need an attorney ASAP!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Bottom line is never deal with an insurance company without a lawyer...never ends well.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


It appears from your question that you are being sued in connection with a motor vehicle accident that occurred while you were operating a company vehicle. If that is the case, your employer's insurance company will likely have a duty to defend you in the law suit and will be hiring an attorney to do so. Even though the insurance company is in Arizona, they will be hiring a local attorney to represent you. If you were injured in this car accident then you would need to hire your own attorney to pursue any claims that you may have against the other driver, if you feel the other driver is at fault, as the attorney the insurance company hires likely will not pursue those claims on your behalf. If the other driver was not at fault, but you were injured in the accident, you may still have a valid claim for workers' compensation benefits, if you were in fact operating the vehicle during the course of your employment. It would be advisable to speak to a local attorney to review all of the details of your accident and to make a reasoned determination as to which potential course of action you should take.

By providing this answer I am not providing legal advice, nor has any attorney client relationship been formed.


I am a Connecticut licensed attorney. My law firm is located in Stratford. You would be best served meeting with an attorney for an initial consultation to determine how you should best proceed and what claims you may or may not be able to make. These can be complex issue that need that assistance of council to compel your insurance to work properly.

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer