Hello Avvo Lawyers,
I made a rookie move and didn't have a contract signed for a website redesign project. Here's what has happened:
- Client (who is actually an attorney) contacted me.
- I provided an estimate of $1,500-$1,800.
- Client agreed/hired me.
- Client liked my proposal, wanted to see revisions.
- Client liked revisions.
- Client asked when the website would be complete and ready to go live.
- After completing the website, client decided he hated everything about it.
- Client, a week later, informed me my services were terminated; he hired another designer.
Am I entitled to payment? I sent him an invoice 3 weeks ago billing him for hours spent coding the website, since it didn't need to go that far if he didn't like the mockups. The deadline for payment on invoice has passed.Luckily for me, I have all conversations via email saved. We did all communication via email.