Clerk files documents in wrong case and on wrong date. She wont fix. Who's at fault: judge? clerk? both? What should I do?

Chicago, IL |

I mailed in a complaint and summons to the clerk. The defendant was the judge in case against me. I called on due date to see if documents were received and was told they had them. The clerk filed them with the case against me, instead of starting a new case against the judge, and case history indicates they were received after the due date. I wrote the clerk that it was supposed to be a new case. She asked the judge & the case history shows he told her the summons and complaint belonged in the case against me.

Filed under: Summons and complaint

There is no need to ask the same question more than once. The volunteer attorneys here answer when and if they can. Please have patience. You won't get more or better answers by asking the same question twice.

You still need to hire a pro.