Citizenship application recommended for approval but no oath letter!

Minnetonka, MN |

I had my citizenship interview on June 16th based on 5 year residency. I am currently married to a US citizen and have a 2 Yr old daughter. In the interview the officer informed that the application was recommended for approval and that I should hear back from them shortly regarding the oath ceremony schedule. It is September 14th and I still have heard nothing from USCIS. I made an info pass appt at the end of July and I was told that my file is sitting on a supervisor's desk and that I should call when 90 days have passed. So I call today (the 90th day) and was told that I had to wait 120 days and not 90, and that St Paul office is REALLY slow! I am confused! Any thoughts?

USCIS has 120 days to make a decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Do they have to make a decision within 120 days of the interview or the filing date?

Inform one of your U.S. senators about this problem and ask their office to contact the St. Paul USCIS office.

I already did and I never heard back from the Senator's office! Wonderful service :)